Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Weekend Of Winter Wonderland Activities

Last weekend, I decided I needed to take advantage of the winter while it still was winter and try out a sport I've never done before: cross-country skiing.


I expected the skiing to be different.  What I did not expect was how hard it would be! It was truly a workout. We did one lap around the trail which ended up being about 2.9 miles and taking an hour.  I looked and felt ridiculous, and I fell at least 3 times.  Thankfully, the onlooking Finns did not laugh at me.  Needless to say, it was fun because it was hard, and the time passed by so quickly.  When I got back home, I was laid out in the floor completely exhausted.  However, I'm planning on going skiing again this weekend if it's cold enough.  What a workout!

The next day, my boyfriend wanted some fresh air so we took a hike in a neighboring town.  The trial goes around a lake that is frozen in the winter. Here are some wintery views.












Over looking the frozen lake where people cross-country ski during the winter.

Kind of felt like I was on Twilight (in the woods scenes).




No comments: